[at-l] The Other MacKaye Vision

In a message dated 7/22/2005 6:58:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
camojack@comcast.net writes:

> Very practical, advocating sustainable forestry, but the most rabid (and
> least practical) of the "tree huggers" would be appalled at such a
> suggestion...can someone say "Healthy Forests Initiative"?
> (http://www.fs.fed.us/projects/hfi/)

With a pictured example in the Gila NF, the Healthy Forest Inititive looks
more like a clear cut to me and NOT sustainable forestry which would be more
along the lines of selective cutting.  In this case, Healthy Forests=No Forests.
I'm not sure but it also looks like they leave the slag piles behind.

http://www.healthyforests.gov/