[at-l] Hikin in the Heat/Altitude vs. location

Have the same problems in Denver and Colorado Springs, but attribute it
to the altitude rather than my chronic asthma problems.

Joe D.

Joe,
Do you notice an improvement after you remain in an altitude for a few
days?  That is the difference for me.  If it is only altitude, after a
day or two, my breathing improves.  If there is something else going on,
it does not.

  We are currently camped out in a redwood forest at Big Basin State
Park.  The trees are spectacular but I cannot do any hiking.  I am
having more trouble breathing here, but in Santa Cruz I was good to go.
I walked miles and miles and felt great.  We are thinking that the
proximity to the ocean made a difference.  We considering going
back to Santa Cruz for next weekend as it was so much fun there.  It was
the first place I could really breath, enjoy the outdoors and walk
for miles without wheezing.  My Mom always used to say that the ocean
cured everything and, perhaps, she was right.

If anyone comes out this way you MUST go to Santa Cruz.  You can see a
man wearing a pink tutu (Hmmmm....isn't he on the list somewhere????)
and using a huge pink umbrella with flashing lights and aluminum foil
inside.  Maybe to ward off aliens?  Someone knocked on our door to tell
us that we were "loved".  There were 700 people marching down the street
with marijuana plants demanding free marijuana.  The funny thing was
watching some of them trying to look pathetic and pretending to learn to
use walkers.  Many of them were not even sick, but we overheard them
discussing how to obtain free drugs.
There is music all over and so many fun things to see and do.
So.....even without all the joys of being able to breath again, we both
want to go back there one more time, then head to Yosemite.

Like I just read about someplace else....exciting place to visit but
don't want to live there.  Still having fun but missing the AT where I
can do some hiking and breath too!
Hugs, Hummingbird