[at-l] Photos from the Whites

Well, I have a bunch of photos from this summer that I just uploaded and I
figured I would share. The first album involved two hikes. On Saturday, VSA and
I hiked up the AT on the Rattle River Trail, and then headed over to Mt
Shelbourne Moriah, just about a mile off the AT. Rattle River is a beautiful
trail, and S-Moriah is even a nicer mountain. On Sunday, we headed to Crawford
Notch for a hike up Alavon, Field and Tom.

http://gallery.backcountry.net/chomp-shelbourne05

The next album is from a long weekend that I spend in Baxter State Park. We
camped up in the northern part of the park on South Branch Pond. On Saturday, I
hiked South Branch Mountain and took out the kayaks a fair bit. Sunday,
unfortunately, I was extremly sick. But I bounced back on Monday to hike
Katahdin up and down via the Hunt Trail (AT). No thru-hikers this early,
however.

http://gallery.backcountry.net/chomp-baxter-southbranch

Finally, the latest album includes a hike up Mt Carragain, which is just south
of Crawford Notch, and a mountain biking trip to East Burke, VT and Burke
Mountain. THe views from Carragain are beyond compare, and from the summit, it
is possible to see 43 of NHs 48 4000 footers. It was spectacular, and you could
almost literally draw a line from where the AT hits Moosilaukie over to the
northern Presidentials.

http://gallery.backcountry.net/chomp-carragain05

Only a week and a half before i drive out west and hit the Sawtooth Wilderness!

-chomp