[at-l] trip reports

--- Jim Bullard <jbullar1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> At 10:51 PM 7/12/2005 -0400, Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
> >In a message dated 7/12/2005 4:27:02 PM Eastern
> Daylight Time,
> >pmags@yahoo.com writes:
> >
> > > ONE HELLUVA DAY HIKE I: Up and Over the Divide
> > > 29 miles and 7100' elev gain. Phew! We went over
> two
> > > passes, a shoulder of a mountain and a two mile
> side
> > > trip to a lake. Right on the COntinental Divide
> in the
> > > always gorgeous  Indian Peaks Wilderness.
> > > http://gallery.backcountry.net/co05?&page=23
> > >

> >That's not normal!   How many hours?
>
> It's bordering on masochistic. You're a great guy
> Mags but remind me not to
> go on hikes with you. I couldn't do that. Oh to be
> young again.

:) Hey..I go on easier hikes, too! :

Wendy and Marcie were new to the whole big day thing
so it took 14 hrs. Suspect if I was solo or with my
core group, would have done it in 12 hrs or so.

But, to see Wendy and Marcie do something that they
thought couldn't be done was just awesome! Marcie's
boyfriend said "You can't do that..you are nuts!". She
proved him wrong.....  Most cool.

Also got to spend many hours with someone on the trip
who was taunting me with dry socks and plans on doing
the JMT this year and the PCT next year. You could say
I found her interesting.... :)

My other planned trips:

NEXT WEEK: Longs Peak by the full moon. A 14er with
5000' elev gain and 16 miles R/T

ONE HEULLVA DAY II: Ringing the Bells
Normally a three or four day backpack, trying to do it
in a day. 8000' elev gain, 26 miles and 4 passes.
We'll see! :D

To quote Heinlein:

"Everything to Excess! To enjoy life take big bites.

Moderation is for monks."

Of course, moderation is nice too..

Did a night hike last week or so where I packed in
Vanilla ice cream, half-gallon of milk, blueberries
and made everyone milk shakes.

Life ain't bad...

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com