[at-l] OUTDOERS

Dear Outdoers,

     No, that is not a typo. My 7 yr old nephew drew a picture of me hiking with him. He wants to be a hiker like his uncle. I don't know if I really qualify yet as a hiker, but I do talk about it quite a bit to my family of my plans to do a thru-hike when my body finally allows. He must have really been paying attention because he drew this picture. The funny thing, and I think appropriate thing, was the way he spelled outdoors in big block letters over the top. He spelled it as above, "OUTDOERS." I thought how perfect that title was. OUTDOERS. I think that's what we become when we go outside to hike. We aren't just outdoors. We are out doing. I thought I would share this little snippet of my life with you. I have to admit that when there aren't a lot of posts on this list I feel a bit out of touch with hiking, but I have to keep reminding myself that if you all aren't here then you must be hiking. At least that's what I like to think. Go forth my fellow outdoers. I will join you
 soon... I hope.

             Robert

P.S. Buddhist thought for the day: The world is not here for our experience, but its experiences are one of its greatest offerings.