[at-l] Sly's recent post re the NC AT Plate, Johnson City meetings, etc.

Sly - thanks for the good props re the NC tag - it was kinda kewl to get
formally recognized, along with (former) NC Senator Joe Sam Queen at the
AT's bi-annual meeting . . . kinda made me feel good! :)  Anyhow, the
latest news I have from NC DMV is that we are between 500 and 600, how
about that!?  There is no reason we cannot get in the 5,000 range -
think of what good we could do with that kind of money.  I also want to
say that while I had some concerns at first, I am VERY happy with what I
saw and heard re the new directions the ATC is headed in . . . the whole
conservancy and preservation angles are just where my head is at.  I
think they are also very open to the important concepts that
preservation and conservation include things like cultural history,
military history, geological history, etc. in this amazing 250,000 acre,
thin corridor of great natural wonders we call the AT.  There will, of
course, be stumbles, muddy pants and down days along the way, but i for
one am psyched by the possibilities, and the fact that 800 people from
around the world came to Johnson City TN to help, each in their own
unique way.

I was only able to participate in a couple of ATC functions, as I was up
there with "my girls" and only had 2-3 days to spend, so I am bummed
about not getting to meet more people - especially Weary, who if my
memory is correct was given a great honor by the ATC for his incredible
years of service to the preservation of Maine's wonderous forests and
wilderness.  We all have our own amazing potential to realize in this
journey - here's to learning more about each other's gifts and abilities
to contribute to the amazing, living pathway that we call the AT!

thru-thinker
[clark]

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.