[at-l] thanks

"AT-L....does good things for the AT - I need only think back to how the AT-L listers helped me both come up with and implement the new NC special license tag that supports the AT - in fact, I am headed up to Johnson City, TN this Friday to meet some of the good ATC folks to discuss how best to utilize the first funds generated by this awesome, new project!"

I also arrive at Johnson City on Friday to set up a Maine Appalachian Trail Land Trust display. A land trust is a bit like fishing. One just puts a line out in likely places and hopes that it produces.

Many thanks for folks on AT-L who have contributed. Thanks to your help and the generous help of others, we are now assured of paying off our $200,000 mortgage on our first purchases. But that is just the start. We need stewardship funds, funds to keep a one person part time staff paid, and most importantly, funds to prepare for the next opportunity to provide buffers for the narrow Appalachian Trail corridor in Maine.

If you're at the conference, stop by the exhibit room and say hi. If you are not going, well, you can just open:

http://www.matlt.org

and learn about all the great things we are doing and hope to do.

Weary