[at-l] Re: non response

Steve Landis wrote:

> I *did* see Super J and Mule at the Scott Farm yesterday.  They are
> doing a flip flop, started at Harpers Ferry a week ago.
> So Felix, if they started a week ago why didn't they do a SoBo?  I
> would've asked but I didn't want to be controversial or seem
> intolerant of their choice.

I think I can't tolerate one more controversy.  Or, litter. I hate
litter. I hate litterers. But, to your question...Why didn't they go
southbound, you ask.  Maybe they didn't think about it. Maybe they had
travel to Harper's Ferry and have arrangements for shuttles back from
Katahdin later on. Maybe they realize it takes a very, very special
person to southbound  ;) and they feared they had not the mettle. Maybe
they think they ARE going southbound. Maybe they are on probation in
certain northern states and it will not be lifted in time for them to
hike there until after the amount of time it will take them to hike to
there from Harper's Ferry, or so. Maybe they're just stupit. I really
wish you had asked them.