[at-l] More Musings Sparked by Recent Digest Reading

I once started a conversation by stating (what I consider an axiom) "Everybody
needs to get fed."  The guy I was talking to snickered.  The conversation was
over: there was no common ground.  We may as well have been speaking different
languages.

I read the post and link and can say that I disagree strongly.  I believe that
the fact that some people may not have enough money to satisfy the sellers of
food is not, in itself, sufficient reason why they must starve.  (Substitute
"land" for "food" and choose your own land use for "starve.")

I can also say that there is almost nothing either side can say that will make
any sense to the other.