[at-l] Re: Q on lightning & hammocks......

After Sunday's T-storm, I was thinking along those lines my self.  One
strike was so close to the porch, that I heard the click, saw the flash and
felt the boom, all within a fraction of a second.  AWESOME!

That said, I don't see a hammock as a likely path to ground for a lightning
strike.  I'm thinking one is more likely to get dumped on the ground when
the tree bark over heats and melts or shatters the tree hugger or strap.

My usual philosophy applies, After doing all that I can to minimize the
risk, the rest is in God's hands.

Bruce W.  (Black Wolfe)

> I have a question for you hammock hangers....what happens if the tree you
are strung up to gets hit by lightning?  Does anyone ever
> worry about that or am I just weird?  OK....OK....don't answer that one.
;-)