[at-l] Hennesy hammock, G4/ Mariposa pack on a thru questions

After reading all of this I wonder...

Basically the advice I've gotten is:
- put some kind of insulation under the hammock to
avoid the cold problem
- take something extra to keep your stuff dry
- you may well need a pad as well...

Wouldn't all of this add up to carrying more weight
than if I were carrying a lightweight tent (Sierra
Designs something, Nomad or wichever one) with pad and
sleeping bag?

Secondly.. I have not (really) heard anyone comment on
their favourite choice for a thru?
Which would you go with?

I can imagine there is the added value of not having
to sleep on hard ground with a hammock, but what about
comfortably reorganizing your things or packing up in
the rain for example.. Is there a chance to keep your
stuff dry?

All comments are welcome...

What about the pack? Anyone used it on a long distance
hike or would you rather go with a slightly heavier
pack with better weight distribution characteristics?

Thanks!
Kajsa