SRPUCK, was [at-l] where I'm hiking (was on the AT-again)

>> And we're adding a deck to the house as well Jan!

Hey you Suz,
;-)
...was GLAD to see this note on AT-L from you!~

I know you're busy, but  note now and again to "the folks" is a
welcome thing.

Come sit on my deck someday, and I'll come sit on yours.
Mi casa es su casa.

Your buddies Clyde (LT '02) and Chief (AT '02/'03) (and anyone who
wants to visit - classes of '48-09' and beyond are welcome) are
"gathering" for a mini-Ruck this weekend at Casa Del Shoe here in
Southern Pines.
I'm calling it the SPRUCK.
This is something those two cooked up at the NC Ruck in January, and I
am blown away. Hikers are AWESOME people. eArThworm may well wield a
hammer as well. I'll send a full report.

Deck-raising is happening Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Anyone who wants to come a 'Rucking, drop me an email offline and I'll
send you directions. Plenty of grilled burgers, chicken, ice cream and
pink lemonade.

Plan to camp under the piney woods, under the near-full moon.
(Consider it tenting, with hot showers).
Be forewarned - there are whippoorwills! That's the good news - there
are whippoorwills. That's also the bad news.
;-)

Shoester of The Pines
Moon-in June SPRUCE '05

--