[at-l] Do'in the AT...

Good Morning .....

I am planning my first solo hike Thur of the AT. I have not decided if I am going to hike the trail straight thur or break it up in 60 day clips, but I am considering a July 2005 start. I am experienced in long range ..ah.... hiking...though I use to know it as LRRPs... I am a retired LTC US Army (1995) and three weeks ago decided to actually retire after ten years with a international organization.

I traveled extensively and now want to try an adventure here in the States. I have all the high speed gear one needs while most of my ..ah... hiking has really not been for pleasure while I have the logistics of the AT pretty much down pat and its all about logistics....

The question I really have for you experienced hikers is, what do I really, really need to know?

Tks
Gerry

"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality."