[at-l] where I'm hiking (was on the AT-again)

I haven't had much hiking time in this spring, but I'm with Jan in finding
such peace and wonder in my home location.  Rick and I have spent some time
this spring just exploring some of the smaller, less known trails in the
area - exploring the back yard, so to speak.  Being able to take a couple of
hours in the early evening after work.  There are wonderful places to
discover in Pinkham Notch besides the big mountains.  This week we've got
some more time and we'll do some of the bigger mountains (maybe Carrigain,
and might do a day hike along Franconia Ridge - the weather is supposed to
be good finally!!) but there remains some unique sense of place and peace
that comes with wandering in your own neighborhood.
    And we're adding a deck to the house as well Jan!  The framing is done
and the rest should be finished in a day or two.  And Rick even framed
around my favorite little birch, so the tree house deck will have a tree in
the middle of it!
    And sitting here with the sunlight streaming through the big windows at
my perch 30 feet above the ground in these trees, a scarlet tanager just now
landed in the big spruce.  And I think of you often, Jan, as I listen to our
hermit thrush sing each day.  There is magic in these woods!

suz