[at-l] More Va. AT questions...

Charles Copeland wrote:

>Is overnight parking at Elk Garden (North of Damascus, in between Whitetop and Mt Rogers) allowed?  Is the Deep Gap shelter north of the Elk Garden parking area still there?  I have one map that has the shelter there and another that doesn't.  The ALDHA Companion doesn't mention it.  If there is no shelter, is there a campsite there instead?

Parking is allowed there. And, I don't remember ever even hearing of a
Deep Gap Shelter there. The first one north of EG is Thomas Knob to the
best of my recollection. And, I remember not a campsite...but, I don't
not remember one, either. Some pix of this section (from a few years
ago) can be found at  http://felixhikes.tripod.com/AT/MtRogersTrip.html
<http://felixhikes.tripod.com/AT/MtRogersTrip.html>
(you might have to type it in...)