[at-l] ANSWERS ANYONE?

New question... specifically directed at R&R... what was the reason for me asking for a definition of what wilderness is? I want to know what I was thinking. Please explain to me why I asked my question incorrectly. Please explain how you came to this conclusion. I can't wait to see your answer. I would also like to know why my favorite color is blue and why my brother is a musician. Oh, and if you wouldn't mind could you also tell me why my tv has some static today? All other questions on this list should be posted first to R&R from now on so that he can reword them for you. No need to tell him why you want to ask a question, he already knows. He's obviously psycho. Oh, I meant psychic. I had no idea that I didn't want to ask for a definition of wilderness. How silly of me to not run my question by him first. By the way, that little tagline at the end where you hope that people that don't agree with you die... that was a real nice touch.

RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:A CHALLENGE!

25 words or less...

What is wilderness?

*** The question shouldn't be asked in this context. It would
be better to call it "wildness". There's a book that could be written on this
that I won't do here.

First, the main reason "wilderness" is discussed by most on this
list isn't in appreciation of its inherent connection to the AT, instead it is
done in order to diminish or lower the importance of the AT's conservation
purpose. The people who do that are not friends of the AT no matter who they are.
It isn't the task or place of the AT interested to question the Trail's
veracity or validity of purpose. Its validity should be obvious as far as what is
going on in both the country and the world today. The only reason these people
want to discuss wilderness is to show how the AT doesn't stand up to it and
therefore validate their indifference. The heck with those people.

We've more than explained relative wilderness and how it serves
the Trail's purpose over the years on this list. If you weren't paying attention
you're either not interested or not serious (or other things I won't say
directly). What you're basically doing is taking the same critical position
against the AT that developers do. Recently we saw the race track developer quote
word for word the "The Trail isn't a wilderness" saying in his validation of a
destructive near-Trail development. Those people would love nothing more than
to see that view as the most popular held by the "Trail Community". It is. Good
work people! I'm sure ATC appreciates the bombs coming from behind.

BONUS POINTS!

Again 25 words or less...

What is the purpose of the AT?

*** The purpose of the AT is to instill a mentality or
sensibility in its visitors of the need to preserve American open space, flora, fauna,
and to create a check point and institution where that can proceed against the
current world trend of total development and the destruction of nature.

It's a place where nature comes first and people who want to split
hairs over the definition of wilderness can always leave if they don't like
it. It's an experiment for people to deprogram their hard-wired tendency to
improve, connect, and develop at wilderness' expense. Tough love and green.

If you don't like it tough. If you're against it may the devil
take you...

*