[at-l] back to basics

At 03:02 PM 6/16/2005 -0400, Rogene wrote:
>So who's been hiking lately? Or bought a new piece of gear? Tell us about
>it. PLEASE!

It wasn't a big time hike but I did go to Cranberry Lake Tues/Wed with
friends. That will be a separate post.

>  I sure have a gear question.
>I am going to make a water carrying bag and have the choice of si-nylon,
>A polyesomething coated nylon.
>Which would you conceder the best material to make this from.
>Is si-nylon save for dirking water/
>Polyvinyl??

No idea but Campmor has one lined with food grade polyethylene for only
$8.99. It holds 2.5 gallons and doubles as a pillow.
<http://tinyurl.com/5kwew>. Unless you are getting a thrill from making
your own...