From: at-l-bounces@backcountry.net [mailto:at-l-bounces@backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Paul Magnanti
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 4:27 PM
To: AT MailingList
Subject: [at-l] Rather cool...

A few months ago, I was convinced by my good friends
here in Boulder to enter the NYC Marathon.
Half-heartedly said "sure".

Well, lo and behold, looks like I won the lottery and
I am in the NYC Marathon. My two good friends also
entered the lottery and got in too.  So the three of
us are doing it. To top it all off Josh grew up in
Brooklyn. Marni grew up in nearby New Jersey and
attended college in NYC.  They promised me if I got in
they would give me a non-tourist tour of the city.

As my friends introduced me to running, it is fitting
we all get to do the race together in their hometown.

So, normally doing an event with a bazillion people
would not be something I'm in to..but think seeing the
five burroughs on foot will be quite cool.  Throw in
the fact that I get a tour that most people do not see
the day before or after (most of which involves
food..mmmm) and it should be a good weekend.

Overall..I am pretty excited.

WHat a year it looks to be:

Lake City 50 miler this weeekend (San Juans)
A huge hike planned just about every weekend
Leadville 100 in August
Italy in September
ALDHA in October
NYC Marathon in November

Phew...life is good! :)  Just thought I'd share the
joy...