From: at-l-bounces@backcountry.net [mailto:at-l-bounces@backcountry.net] On Behalf Of greyowl@rcn.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:38 AM
To: at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] For Something Entirely Different - An On-Topic Post

Whilst this list is mainly about hiking the AT I stumbled
across this website:

http://www.thefatmanwalking.com/index.html

Steve Vaught weighed well over 400 lbs before starting this
adventure.  His goal is to hike from San Diego to NYC.  Talk
about being out of shappe and ill prepared for a long distance
hike.  He does however have many things going for him, he
has the determination to complete the hike, his wife and
family support his efforts and he has a large support team of
people who have been reading his journal on line.  I hope that
he makes it to PA cause I would really like to meet this guy.

Grey Owl