[at-l] MEGA-GAME

Fascinating! I guess if you did it in one shot then yes GAME-MEGA would be best. I was thinking that maybe GAME in July-October and then MEGA in March-June would offer you that much vaunted goal of a Katahdin finish. And I still think MEGA-GAME rolls off the tongue better. Whenever someone uses the phrase, "I've got game," you could think to yourself, or announce proudly, "Well, I've got MEGA-GAME."

Bob C <ellen@clinic.net> wrote:"what would prevent
> someone from hiking a MEGA-GAME hike?"

Winter for all but the fastest hikers. GAME-MEGA works best -- and has been done a number of times.

Ward Leonard in 1991 started in Georgia. Walked to Maine. Walked back to Georgia. He passed me in the 100-mile-wilderness on his second hike to Maine. And again a few days later heading back to Georgia. I heard later he didn't make that final leg. He had told me he didn't expected to. "I have financial and emotional problems," he replied, when I asked.

Ward was seeking an endurance record. I suspect he achieved that -- at least for the AT.

Weary

Yahoo! Mail Mobile