[at-l] Gear Rant: Zip Stoves

> SNIP
> (Pray tell, what's a "cozy" and what does it do?)
> <<

 BTW -- the Tinman has a different style cozy for sale.  I understand it
> works
> quite well, but I can't speak for the cook times and fuel use.  Maybe he
> will
> jump in here.

The cozy I make uses a double-bubblewrap foil coated insulation.  You can
buy it at Home Depot or Lowes.  Very light and works well.  A cozy will
keep food hot and let it keep cooking.  Food keeps cooking down to 170
degrees and at room temperature, my cozy will take about 45 minutes to let
boiling water drop below 170.  What this means is that cozy cooking lets
you save carrying fuel.  It also means your food isn't ice cold after the
3rd bite.  You really don't have good simmer control with most alcohol
stoves nd the benefits of a pot cozy mean you don't need simmer control.
Hope this helps.
Tin Man
AntiGravityGear.com