----- Original Message -----
From: camojack@comcast.net

"I apologize in advance for this on-topic post."
-Tin Man

Hee hee. From one aircraft mechanic to another...wouldn't you agree that we need the right AND left wing to fly?

Sorry if my reply to your decidedly ON topic post isn't...

-"Camo"

Camo,
Right on.  The one characteristic of us hikers that is constant is that we are passionate about everything we do in life.  You can not connect with wilderness without activating that part of your genetic makeup.  The political discussions are just an offshoot of that passion.  BTW, you sir, by giving me your last beer at Trail Days have raised that standard of passion considerably.  Or was that compassion?   Or was I just whinning too loud?  :)

While there are VALID points that each side brings to the table, it is the intolerance of the other's point of view that bites.  I love a political brawl as much as the next person but the AT-L is not the place for it.  The discussions may be a legitimate campfire topic but those involved should be considerate of the rest of us and move some distance away from the others enjoying the fire.  Out of earshot.  I came close to leaving the AT-L this week because of the inconsiderate mental masturbation about whether Coosa was a racist or a communist or a nazi or a religious bigot.  She is none of the above.  Just a very sweet and kind-hearted lady and to suggest otherwise is very poor form.  I didn't leave but know some great people (who are probably my political opposites) that I enjoy and respect and love have gone probably forever.

I have yet to hear of a single person on this list that I wouldn't very much enjoy hiking with and sharing a campsite and fire with.  But this week has come close.

Now, where are those damn smashmellows?

To all who responded about my mildew smelly boots...thanks.  I have received various suggestions to bleach them, or freeze them, or bake them, or fabreeze them.  Any ideas about when to take them out of the oven and would they best be served with a lemon-butter sauce or a little horseradish?

Tin ManFrom MrCee237 at aol.com  Tue Jun 14 04:00:10 2005