[at-l] Options for Hiking in NYC

At 06:54 PM 6/12/2005 -0400, Bror8588@aol.com wrote:
>A week ago I "hiked" through a primeval forest in NYC -- in the County of
>the Bronx

It sounds like fun. I like botanical gardens. You get to see plants you
might not otherwise and they are usually (and conveniently) labeled. :)

I'm going camping on Tuesday. It will be a car camp trip with a couple of
the guys I worked with before I retired. One is a former boss, the other a
coworker. Neither is into backpacking so we're going to a campground at
Cranberry Lake. We'll do a couple of day hikes and I'm taking my canoe. I
have to get some trail photos in that area for the Northern Region Guide
that is in the process of being updated. The hikes will be slow strolls as
that is the style of one of the guys and my ex-boss and I will hike at his
pace. After all he volunteered to bring all the food and do all the
cooking. :) I'll try to get some good photos to share with the list.