[at-l] Windfarms & etc WAS Shocking Photos of a hike WAS policing the trail

At 07:31 PM 6/11/2005 -0400, Carol Donaldson wrote:
>Windfarms reminds me that I was perusing The Australian (newspaper) online
>- and today I am denied access to the banner, which was a link to the
>photos taken by ISS, NASA and others.
>
>One of the photos that really struck me as a future idea for the USofA was
>a photo looking down on a coastal town in Spain.  What struck me was that
>it was a town with a HUGE area of Greenhouses!  I get so upset when I see
>perfectly good farmland being devoured by housing, industry and
>sprawl(marts, etc).  BUT, an alternative to farming the land is already
>being practiced in Spain and other places, and it must be successful
>because the area that was "under visqueen" looked to be about 1/2 to 2/3
>size of Mass. or Rhode Island.

If Massachusetts, that would be 4000-5000 square miles. If Rhode Island it
would only be 750-1000 square miles. Either way that's a lot of green houses.

>As long as water is plentiful, it would appear that greenhouses could
>successfully produce most of our vegetable produce..
>
>And it appeared that the area in Spain was next to the ocean (or the Med.
>Sea), so I am thinking there was a desalinization plant there also.
>
>(We or) I howl about the damage to the environment when there are
>inventions yet to be made that can respond to the damage done and create
>ways to cope with that damage.  And maybe even make some things
>better.  Or grow them better.
>
>Maybe there's hope yet for civilization.
>
>(But I'm not holding my breath.)
>Coosa
>Recommended reading: http://chrenkoff.blogspot.com -- for the news the MSM
>misses

Were there trails between all those greenhouses (trying hard to make this
on-topic)?