[at-l] 5 Years ago today.......

I was in Stratton, ME sharing a seat on the bench in front of the White Wolf
Inn. The local, who did odd jobs around the inn was suppose to be working
but since the inn was closed he had nothing to do. So we did it together. A
woman, perhaps in her mid to upper 40s came riding by on a bicycle, her long
skirt blowing in the wind. It was one of those old style girl's bikes with
the fat tires and she rode it proudly.  As she passed by us the local called
out, "There goes the best looking woman in town, riding her bike all
around!"  She smiled and waved and pedaled on.

In 15 or 20 minutes she passed by again going in the opposite direction, and
the local yells out, "There goes the best looking woman around, pedaling her
a** all over town. She just smiled and from the way they looked at each
other I just knew they had some history that didn't involve bicycles.

South Walker southwalker@barefootfarm.com
ME-GA 1999
In hiking there is no special recognition given for speed, style,
or finesse. There are only those who do the hike and those who don't.