[at-l] Shocking Photos of a hike WAS policing the trail

Have a good day anyway,
Jim
http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/

Thanks for the kind words, Jim, but I wish you could have used your double-visioned, pinched nerve time doing something more fun than defending my right to my thoughts on my blog.   Comments don't phase me.  I know I've been misconstrued in the written word, so I try to follow my Dad's instructions to "put the best construction on everything" and not become offended.

Did you read yet that I'm retiring on May 31, 2008 (that is if I don't get myself fired first) and starting a Thru Hike from Harpers Ferry NO-Bound on June 1?  I'll have an 18 year old young man with me who will just have graduated from a private facility.  He'll be hiking to air out his brain and I'll be hiking because . . . I'm retired!!   After we climb Katahdin, we'll hitch back to HF (I'm thinking AmTrak?) and start a SO-Bound from there.   Then in 2009, I'm doing an "Earth Day to Birth Day" Thru hike No-Bo from Springer, probably 'solo' but never alone.  Then in 2010, I'm thinking of hiking the HF to Katahdin and then HF to Springer again, maybe starting a little earlier in the summer.

And then there's another trip to Rome, Italy.  Only this time I don't have to rush home and can plan to stay a month or more.  There's a campground opposite the entrance to Pompeii, did you know that?  I want to go back to Belagio (Italy, not the Hotel in Biloxi or Las Vegas) too.  AHHH, Retirement!

And playing Nana to the grandkids for six months a year when I'm not 'out there' somewhere.

Thanks again, Jim -- hope you get well and start seeing Single-Vision again soon.   Have you tried an Orthospinologist for the Cervical Pinched Nerve?  I love my OSChiropractor.  (And he hikes, too.)
Coosa
Carol Donaldson
carol1944@brmemc.net
http://auntiecoosa.blogspot.com
http://inthecompany.blogspot.com
("Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it" ~ Pope John Paul II The Great)