[at-l] Indoor wildlife surprise

In a message dated 6/7/2005 11:57:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jestbill@yahoo.com writes:

There  probably aren't many alligators in the NYC sewage system but it  does
happen.

Someone let a Cayman (alligator type reptile) go in a pond in Central  Park.
It would not have survived the Winter but fortunately the Park  Rangers
captured it and it is now in the Zoo.

It is rumored that people buy baby alligators on their vacations in Florida
and then when they grow too large they flush them down the toilet, My only
question about this rumor is what if they got stuck?  Always check before  you
sit down!

A decade or so ago a woman I met in a bar (and her friends) made
papier-mache alligator half bodies and placed them so it looked as if they  were coming
out of the sewer.  They called the Daily News who sent a  photographer and it
lightened up someone's day with a laugh.

Skylander