[at-l] gearing up for my first sectoinal hike

Roan Mountain, NC to Damascus, VA....5-7 days relatively easy terrain, worth the views, Kincora
Hostel three days in...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1@gmail.com>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 9:24 PM
Subject: [at-l] gearing up for my first sectoinal hike

I've been listening, reading, learning and plotting my thru-hike in
'07 (and, at the same time, dare I say rubbing some nerves raw at
times.. sorry, I never intended to do that).

I'd like to take a week this year to do my first "long" sectional
hike.  I've read a number of books on hiking the AT and I'm looking to
do a fairly "easy" section my first time out.  I live in North
Carolina, but could fly or drive anywhere to start the journey.

What does anyone suggest for a nice, scenic, easy section to last five
days to a week?  This hike will most likely start in the fall.

Greg