[at-l] Indoor wildlife surprise

Sunday morning I got up to find a 4 foot black snake poking it's head into the window (on the *inside* of said window).  The rest of it was draped over the bookcase beside the window.  What a delightful surprise!  And a more effective wake-up than a double-espresso.  I managed to get it out (eventually) by cracking open the screen and leaving the snake to find it's way out all on its own.  This took some time, however.  It spent a while investigating the outdoors while nestled on the window ledge between the glass and the screen, which is how I determined how big it was.  The window is about 3 1/2 feet wide; the snake stretched out ran its length with at least 6 inches on the front end draped over the ledge.  I'm wondering where it found its way in...

Anybody else have an interesting encounter with wildlife this weekend?

Lilla