[at-l] Re: PBS was THE ATC & Membership therein - a bit longish

At 02:17 PM 6/5/2005 -0500, Felix wrote:
>Jim Bullard writed:
>

>>Here's an idea. My wife just bought the DVDs of Ken Burns "Civil War"
>>mini-series. He does great work on documentaries (thanks in large part to
>>support through PBS). How about if ATC and ALDHA approached Ken Burns to
>>do a mini-series on the AT? I'll bet he could make at least 3-4 one hour
>>segments.
>

>I think that's a great idea...though, I think he could do 4 hours on Maine
>alone.

Well, I'm in the process of composing a letter to him. The 3-4 hour
estimate was admittedly conservative. The Civil War series ran 11 hours I
think. It would have to be a balance between details and boredom (for the
average American, not the average AT junky) so that it would fly on a
national broadcast. I really believe if anyone is going to tell the AT
story on film, Burns is the guy to do it.