----- Original Message -----
  From: that guy

  "Your own correction is incorrect." (this sentence works)

  "Before editing someone else's post, you might want to check your own work." (this sentence does not work)

  "You may want to check your own work before editing someones post." (this works)

  I'm not trying to be a turd. The above is basic High School English sentence structure. I gave up years ago correcting people's sentence structures conveyed through the Internet. I'm happy when I can understand what a person has to say, instead of being horrified at dangling modifiers, or etc.