[at-l] Policing the trail...

In a message dated 6/1/2005 4:26:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lbooher@pure.net writes:
*
*
*
As for backing the trail's maintenance and concept, I'm all for it.  I just
don't think we have to go back to Benton MacKaye's original intent to do so.
As I said before, originally no one had envisioned thru-hiking, but that didn't
make it not happen.

I stand behind my original post.
*
*
*

        Now explain to me Myron Avery's AT wilderness philosophy? What is the
"concept" you say you are backing above?

           What you fail to realize is that MacKaye's intent is still well
embodied in the present Trail. I mean, what you wrote above explains why I
emphasize it so much. People don't realize that MacKaye's intentions are still a
major part of what is important to the Trail.

          Frankly, I think you take the position you do because you prefer a
popular opinion based on the internet. I don't think you realize what you are
saying.

*