[at-l] Utah Rambles

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. I have often said that Utah is one of the places I wouldn't mind living, and have definitely enjoyed my explorations there.
-"Camo"
 I have been in many beautiful places, and did not wish
 to taste, but to drink deep.
 --Everett Ruess, VAGABOND FOR BEAUTY

 When many of us go on our backcountry excursions, it
 is often for a taste. A weekend here and there. A week
 if we are lucky. Some of us are fortunante to drink
 deep at the fountain of beauty for weeks or even
 months.

 One place where I have tasted beauty and yearn to
 drink deep someday is the canyon country of Utah. The
 canyon country is harsh, unforgiving if you are not
 prepared..but posses a stark beauty that is unique,
 gorgeous and dramatic.

 This past Memorial Day weekend went to BLM lands
 surrounding Capitol Reef National Park. Was again in
 this land that I have grown to love over the years.

 With the heavy snow fall through out most of the west,
 there were seeps and puddles in the canyon. Wild
 flowers abounded. With the stark walls and red sand
 stone, the views were dramatic.

 I really can't add too much more, I'll let the pics do
 the talking:
 http://gallery.backcountry.net/cr05

 Someday, will be back for an extended time. Will drink
 deep.

The true harvest of my life is intangible.... a little stardust caught, a
 portion of the rainbow I have clutched
 --Thoreau
 http://www.magnanti.com From camojack at comcast.net  Tue May 31 22:51:58 2005