[at-l] RE: The ATC

--- Felix <AThiker@smithville.net> wrote:

> Robert wrote:
>
> >Curiouser and curiouser. Does anyone have the figures on how many people are
> in the ATC now as opposed to 10 years ago? What about 20 years ago? Has
> membership increased or decreased? If it has increased, what is the ratio for
> growth in comparison to the growth of the nation? I would very interested to
> see these numbers.
> >

> Me, tooly.  I'd also like to know if the goal is 100,000 members, does
> it matter if they are 'white' or 'minority' or anything else? As long as
> it is open to all, should any 'group' be targeted?  Why would it be any
> more right to say 'We need more minorities' than to say 'We need more
> Montanans'?

A more useful figure would be membership growth vs number of people who use the
trail in a year.

It would make sense to say X percent of trail users are from New York so they
should try to get X percent of members from New York.  If it helps to get that
percentage by targeting certain subgroups, I see nothing wrong with it.

How many Amish hiking clubs are there?  GLBT? Old Ladies Who Have Learned to Spit?

JestBill  Ga--->Me '03