[at-l] A Few Comments about the ATC---

In a message dated 5/30/2005 6:16:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
optimyst@gmail.com writes:

A  synonym for the word imminent is impending, and while it may feel
that way  to someone who has been advised of a taking, that is not the
correct  meaning.  A synonym for eminent is predominant which is a
better  descriptor of the theory of the legal right of the government
to do the  taking with proper compensation to the land owner.

**
If you've lived your whole life in a house, and all your memories are  in it,
and
all you want to do is retire & enjoy it.... when it's taken from you  due to
"idiot"
domain.... Is there really a "proper" compensation?
I understand the concept & the governments reason behind it... But  after
seeing
friends lose their houses to it, I don't have to like it. I see why some
people in
trail towns don't like the "Government trail"... Sigh... But life goes  on...

hotdog