[at-l] RE: The ATC

At 03:19 PM 5/30/2005 -0700, Robert wrote:
>It is my position that making an effort to target one small group is
>almost always a politically correct waste of time. Target everyone. Get as
>many people to hike as possible. When people get to hike, target those
>hikers to help the AT or other such area. If you target all then you don't
>have to worry about narrowing your target to get one particular group.

That is exactly what we are trying to do. We recognize that for whatever
reason the trail already appeals to one group and we do not intend to
ignore them in efforts to increase membership but... we also have to look
at why other groups are not attracted to the trail and make an effort to
broaden the appeal to be more inclusive. In order to "target all" as you
put it we have to understand why our current efforts aren't reaching many
groups.