[at-l] RE: The ATC

What I was saying was that, a pretty good deal of the time, people don't know when they are standing next to a minority. It is oftentimes much like standing next to a Baptist and a Catholic. Can you really tell, simply by looking at the two of them, which is which?

amy <askowronek@mindspring.com> wrote:
On May 30, 2005, at 12:37 PM, Robert wrote:

> This being a pet peeve of mine, I just have to say something. I'm
> curious just what people think they will see when they see a minority.

I'm sorry it's your pet peeve, but I still want to see people with
different backgrounds from me out there. Or hear them. Not a racial
statement, just an acknowledgement that a pretty small cross-section of
the various ethnic/cultural/class groups in the US are found on our
trails.

I live in an area with a lot of diversity. I miss it when I hike.

-Joy