[at-l] ATC

> Does ATC have someone already on staff with the skills to
> deal with installing mail list software and maintaining it?
> Does any one here have the time and expertise to volunteer to
> do it? Perhaps Ryan could chime in here (if he's not too
> modest) and enlighten us on the cost in time and money to run
> a list such as AT-L. We all appreciate what he does for us
> but I doubt many of us have a clue as to what it takes to do it.

The problem is not setting up a mailing list. It is getting the right people
to read it. Obviously Rich and I (BOM members) read AT-L but I doubt if any
of the staff reads it regularly. I do occasionally forward stuff to ATC
staff. But to get staff to read a list it would have to be low traffic, no
flames/trolls and very focused.

ATC uses an outside service for their web - a different one come July or so.
You are at the whim of the provider, not your staff's skills. The staff has
the skills but they don't have root access at the provider.