[at-l] ATC

In a message dated 5/28/2005 1:24:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mathews@uga.edu writes:

Get  ready for here comes my usual 2cents :-!
First, how much demand is there in  the world for consultants to advise a
group with the mission of the ATC?  If you're asking them how to make money,
maybe, but did the ATC get their  money's worth and could they have gotten
as good as or better advise from  other sources.  Probably so, but that is
just my opinion.
with  respect to getting the memberships opinion and direction, there is no
excuse in not doing so with today's technology. It cannot be that  difficult
to solicit the input via the Internet. Heck, the ATC should  provide the
tool, resources to promote this list. I'm sure some of there  guys and gals
are on it or "listen" to it.  Being an old technical  person, its easy to
come up with 17,000 reasons why technically it could  not be done, but being
the old technical person, I know it can be  extremely easy to find a simple
effective solution.  Sure there are  issues of "counterfeit" responses,
etc., but if I can bank on-line safely,  then I sure should be able to enter
my preferences to something on-line  securely too.

I realize that a Board (any Board) needs to act according to their
discussion and vote on Agenda items after such discussion but so far little  input is
asked from the membership except to contribute dollars.  Perhaps  notification
to the Membership via e-mail of items coming up on the Agenda for  the
up-coming meeting and asking for input might give people who are paying  membership
fees a feeling that they are more than a source of money.  Of  course the Board
would have the power to make the final decisions for as anyone  knows the
information will be broad and varied.  The Board can select the  ideas that are
most helpful and yet know (be aware of) other ideas.

Skylander