[at-l] re: RE"Policing the Trail

In a message dated 5/23/05 9:55:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
carol1944@brmemc.net writes:
*
*
*

<< But I do scratch my head when I think of the trail having to stay
 falsely trapped in time, something of a colonial Williamsburgh of the
 outdoor world. >>

*
*
*

      This subject has morphed slightly. I continue to be amazed that the
majority of AT members or hikers refer to the Trail's mission of wilderness
preservation in negative or restricting terms.

       If this topic were to be discussed in detail it would be discovered
that the actual terms of "not being stuck in the past" would be items or
activities which decrease the Trail's sense of wilderness.

          I myself tend to see the preservation of pure unfragmented or
interrupted nature in positive terms...