[at-l] Re: A Walk in the Woods

In a message dated 5/27/2005 2:34:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
optimyst@gmail.com writes:

Geez, I  wonder if I might just go back into hibernation from the list
if nothing  more than this is happening here.  I'm sensing nothing like
the trail  community I've been working with the last few  years.

Some people come to this list to be entertained by stories of hiking and
buying gear.  Others like to tell stories about past times of  excitement.
Others like to rehash events or people or something  else.

Others like to tell about their present hiking experiences.  It is  also
apparent that some come to this list to get a kick out of a vicarious  thrill of a
section hike, a thruhike or a day in the woods.

Perhaps sharing an experience of your own might satisfy your involvement on
this list rather than trying to force others to bring entertainment or
enlightenment.

If one does not like what is discussed on this list then instead of
threatening to take up your bag and leave it might be better to share what you  are
doing in regard to the Appalachian Trail.

Skylander   PS  Or just tell us a humorous  story.