[at-l] the future is here.. or about to be

In a message dated 5/25/2005 10:29:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gregbrown@mindspring.com writes:

> If they don't build it, I will so if you run into me on the trail, yes, I
> will have solar cells integrated into my pack.

Not for nothing but solar powered backpack battery chargers are about the
lamest things to carry.  You could have won a prize at the Billville most useless
gear contest!  Talk about dead weight.  If you need to recharge batteries
you'd be better off bouncing a charger up the trail.

Frankly, I'd prefer to use devices that use common batteries easily bought
along the trail.

YMMV,

Sly