[at-l] Flameless Heating kit???

At 6K feet above sea level the boiling point drops to 201?F, only 11
degrees. Most cooking would be done at altitudes less than 6K so 170?F
would make it hot but no where near boiling. The cooks among us can say
better than I whether 30?+ less than boiling would constitute 'simmering'
but it was my understanding that a simmer was just below the boiling point.
At least that is what I aim for in my novice attempts at cooking.

If my memory serves Grey Owl is the resident scientist (chemist?) and is
probably the expert on what chemicals would produce heat when combined.