From: "HikingVagabond" <hikingvagabond@cox.net>
To: "Post to AT-L" <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 8:43 PM
Subject: [at-l] Bivy

Age is beginning to tell on me and I want to lighten my pack weight as much
as possible. One of my considerations is a bivy but I have rarely heard of
anyone actually using one. Just recently someone mentioned that they used a
bivy on their multi-week hike and really loved it. Has anyone else on the
list actually used a bivy? I am especially interested in how they work out
in wet rainy conditions. What are the pros and cons on bivy use? I am
presently looking at the OR Basic Bivy. Thanks --  Ozzie