[at-l] re: RE"Policing the Trail

At 09:30 PM 5/23/2005 -0400, Carol Donaldson wrote:
>In the "olden" days, how were trees felled?  How were roads built?  How
>were trails maintained?  Not by chain saw or gas-weed-whacker.  Nope,
>those good old buck saws and 2-man cross-cut saws and muscle.

Actually, I own a crosscut saw and used it just a couple of weeks ago to
fell the stump of a dead tree in my side yard. I had cut all the way around
it with my chain saw but it only has a 16" bar and left 8-9" uncut in the
center. The crosscut was the only saw long enough to take it down the rest
of the way. It's very good cardio-vascular exercise BTW. :)