[at-l] Policing the trail...

In a message dated 5/20/2005 1:06:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bluetrail@aol.com writes:
*
*
*
Florida Trail Association is now requiring that all volunteers using chain
saws get chain saw certification.
*
*
*

         Why is it that our government is ordering burdensome measures for
conservation volunteers while opening up clearcut regulations for corporate
interests under the guise of easing bureaucratic burdens?

            I'm not against safety, but was there such a high level of
injuries before? I never personally knew any maintainers who were injured because of
their sawing technique. Does the government weasel off cost increases in
phony concerns for safety?

*