[at-l] OT - German Spam

I've also received a boatload of Deutsche Schpam lately - especially
for  addresses I monitor with the Buckeye Trail Association (I suspect
the website was harvested). It's bad enough getting spam, but not
knowing what it is saying...!!!!

I would not necessarily worry about the undeliverable mail.  Often, when
a spammer sends an email that is not rejected (ie to a good address),
they will use that address as a forged 'From' address in their
subsequent mailings.  This helps get around systems that reject mail
from bogus addresses, since your address is real.  Of course, since you
are listed as the sender, you get the rejection messages from the next
poor sucker on the spammer's list.

Has anyone on this list ever responded to (as in bought something from)
an unsolicited e-mail?  Someone must somewhere or the quantity of spam
would dwindle (someone is making money from it).

Steve "No Chance"