[at-l] A trip report

Don't know why..haven't been in the mood for writing
trip reports of my Colorado hikes. Partially because
many of them have been trail runs, partially because I
have not felt the urge to write one. Guess with the
spring weather, feeling a bit more euphoric and
wanting to share the joy with all. :)

In any case, did a Boulder classic: The Triple Peak
Challenge. This loop hike is a good tour of many of
the prominent peaks in Boulder. In this hike (with the
slight variations we took), it is ~13 miles and 5000'
elev gain. A stiff little hike with the start minutes
from my front door. Not too shabby!

On this hike, we did a varation. If there is anything
I enjoy as much as hiking it is eating. :) So we did
the "Triple Course Challenge: A Moveable Feast".  On
or near each of three peaks, we had a course.
Appetizers on Green Mtn, Lunch on Bear Pk,  Dessert
below South Boulder peak in a grassy meadow with many
wildflowers.

I myself made Angel Hair Pasta with "aglio e olio",
had sauteed artichoke, marinated red bell peppers and
olives. Smelled good...or so the hikers moving down
the trail told us. :)

And what wildflowers there were! Love this time of the
year.

More than the scenery though, more than the
wildflowers, more than the gorgeous weather,  it was
just a fun day. We had such fun on this hike. The
personalities of everyone just blended well together.
It was some of the most fun I've had a on a group
hike!

Most of the pics I took were of people..but
considering it was  social hike and the people made it
so fun, that is appropriate!
Pics:
http://gallery.backcountry.net/co05

--Thoreau