[at-l] Night Hiking

Rev Gizmo wrote:

>Can you hike by the moonlight, or do you need a headlamp?

I imagine that depends on how well you see at night to begin with. I
always wore the headlamp, but only used it when I knew I was getting
near something I needed to see for sure...i.e. a sign, trail junction,
water, road...something like that. In general, I found that the trail
was fairly easy to see. Even on nights with no moon. Then again, this
was mostly in November, December and January when there were no leaves
and the ambient light was able to 'get through' better. That doesn't
mean that I still didn't beat the hell outta my toes and ankles, of course.