[at-l] Down weight

I am cold -natured. Very. I am under a blanket on the couch in August most
times.

Recently, I bought a Big Agnes 15 Lost Ranger. When Shelly and I went hiking
a few weeks ago, I was shivering in it. It was the second time I had used it
backpacking, and the other time the temperature was much warmer. We made it
to the cars, so I was glad that we had them. I couldn't get warm.I had to
sleep in Shelly's van. I would just like to note that Wonderful Shelly said
that she would have built me a fire if we weren't at the cars. YOU GO
GIRL!!! I'd do the same for you.

When I got home, I called the outfitter locally, and he said he had heard
from three other people had this same complaint with that same bag. All were
incredibly cold. It was only about 35 that night, and I had on two layers of
clothing, top and bottom, and a fleece hat. I was in a tent on a
Therma-rest.  No way I should have been cold. The other people had similar
stories. And it was funny because Friday night Shelly and I were feeling the
bag and thought it was extremely light in feathers in a few places, but
didn't think further about it. It just seemed very thin. You could feel both
sides of the fabric and very few feathers in between.

Because it is a local outfitter, they know you. He talked with the rep and
the rep is switching it for a higher fill 0 degree bag. I never thought I
would need that much bag, but I don't want to be cold. And if we had not
gotten to the cars that night, I would have been in trouble. I was
shivering.

I wonder if anyone else had this problem, or if there was manufacturing
problem with this bag?

The silver lining in all this is that the old bag was blue and black, and
the 0 degree bag is GEORGIA RED AND BLACK. I think God has intervened. on my
behalf. lolol  Just a thought.

Dawg